Further to my blog last night, I managed to get some of the foods to help my joints into my diet today:
- Salmon (smoked salmon sandwich for breakfast)
- Banana (snack)
- Avocado (and chicken sandwich for lunch)
And dinner (pictured) included the following from the list:
Along with chicken, new potatoes, carrots and Chia seeds.
I’ll keep it up and see if it makes a difference!
I was having a clear out yesterday and came across a folder that belonged to the previous owners and found a random print out of details for an alkaline diet – how random! The content is set out very clearly and fortunately the website address was noted on the bottom of the page so I thought I would share it with you.
It sets out a good list of alkalising vs acidifying foods which is super helpful and an easy reference. It also has a good index at the bottom of the page that provides some more interesting details on the affects of the foods.
Check out the website here: http://rense.com/1.mpicons/acidalka.htm
I made a banana and kiwi smoothie the other day and just today looked up the health benefits:
- Around 110 calories
- High in potassium – can help lower blood pressure
- Contains vitamin B6
- Aids digestion
- Boosts immunity
- Aids weight loss
- Regulates digestion
- Source of calcium
- Source of protein
Don’t underestimate your new friend in the fridge – the cucumber! It has numerous health benefits – as well as being something you can slice up and use to relieve tired puffy eyes! Here are a few more reasons why your cucumber is cool – and not just because you’re keeping it in the fridge:
- Cucumbers have been found to contain lignans there is continued research into the various health benefits some including how they may assist in reducing the risk of cardiovascular disease and help to fight cancer
- Anti inflammatory
- Contains vitamins B, C and K
- Contains minerals magnesium, potassium and silicon
- The fibre in the cucumber aids digestion
- It’s a hydrating fruit
- Less than 100 calories
- Aids weight loss and helps to reduce cholesterol
- And even aids gum disease as the cucumber juice helps to absorb the acid in your mouth.
If you fancy a change I found some refreshing cucumber drink suggestions on bembu.com: here
Sources: care2.com whfoods.com